The sweetest words I have heard: “You do not need radiation.”
This is HUGE!! This brings me joy!!
I give God all the praise and glory today for this excellent news.
If you you want more details keep reading…
Why do I not?
- I have very clean margins (like centimeters not millimeters)
- 8 out of 10 lymph nodes taken were clean
- The 2 bad lymph nodes the cancer was not infiltrating
- The tissue in the lymphatic system affected was small
What would radiation have meant (why am I so happy?)
- Treatment everyday M-F for 5 weeks starting one month after last chemo
- Prolonged reconstructive surgery to 6 months after last radiation
- Would have moved surgery into next year which means new insurance deductible year.
What does this mean your time table is now?
- Finish chemo 6/29
- Reconstructive surgery about a month after last chemo
- 6-8 weeks of recovery (including not lifting G-man again)
- By Fall & the holidays this whole thing is but a memory!!!!
Please keep praying. My immune system is low and pollen is high here in GA. My eyes are bloodshot, my nose is running, my voice is gone, I’m coughing like crazy – BUT I don’t need radiation. (You can start your happy dance now)