I just wanted to give you an update regarding my surgery Friday. I had my pre-op appointment this morning so I was able to get more details and information.
First, the reason for the surgery is because I am not responding as well as they had hoped to the ovary-suppression shots. Dr. Zelnak wants my estrogen levels below 30 and I was in the mid-100s.
- I check-in at 6:30a for a 7:30a surgery Friday morning.
- Surgery should last about 30 minutes and if all goes well then I should be discharged late morning/early afternoon time frame.
- They are removing both ovaries and tubes (originally we thought just ovaries).
- My mother-in-love is staying with the boys on Friday and helping through the weekend. My mom arrives on Sunday afternoon and will stay through next week to help. Thank you for all the offers for meals, etc. – we are taken care of.
Ways you can pray:
- Anxiousness regarding side effects to menopause. I currently am in chemo-induced menopause, but taking the ovaries out will obviously put me in deep menopause within an hour. The side effects can begin within days or weeks – everyone responds differently. My desire is for my side effects to remain minimal.
- Once again, I am unable to lift Garrett for about 7-10 days. Prayers for continued resilience on his part.
- This be my last surgery EVER!
- Overall encouragement and joy for my soul. The last two weeks have been very hard for one reason or the other (no need to go into details). I have been downtrodden and discouraged.
I will have someone (probably Mark) update this site and the FB page with updates regarding the surgery. If you have not followed the Team AJ FB page you can do so here: CLICK HERE.